Dubai host’s one of the most cosmopolitan crowd and hence it has a very multicultural Music, Night Life and Pubs. Nightlife in Dubai is as good as New York or Las Vegas. Best Bars and Pubs in Dubai are open until 03:00 AM. DUBAI shares and experiences versatile music and vivid nightlife which is popular amongst the LOCALS, EXPATS and TOURISTs. I would specifically like to focus on casual bars and Pubs in Dubai, which are highly popular among all the residents and people visiting Dubai.
For those who are new to The UAE, weekends here are FRIDAYS and SATURDAYS. Sunday is the first working day, here in UAE. So if you are planning a night out in Dubai, Thursday evenings and Fridays are highly popular.
Let the Party Begin.!!!!
Exploring Best Bars and Pubs in Dubai
* IRISH VILLAGE:
If you inquire from anyone here in town, “which are the best Irish Pubs in Dubai?? Most likely you will hear this. “Have you been to Irish Village yet? So What is Irish Village? Well, to be honest, this bar is one of the highly popular Irish bars in town. If you are worried about dressing up, don’t worry at all. It is a place for CASUAL DINING and sports bars.
The Large garden and the homely feel makes THE IRISH VILLAGE in Dubai a low-key favourite among the hordes of expat. It truly is a tiny IRELAND in Dubai and it hosts a lot of popular events like Halloween, Thanks Giving, Christmas, Foot Ball, St. Patricks Day and many more. Another great thing about Irish village Dubai is – it is next to Century Village.
Century Village, like the name explains, is a small village of restaurants, bars and sheesha cafes. There are cuisines from all around the world. Indian, American, Italian, Lebanese, Japanese etc. Century Village also plays LIVE BAND like Irish village. Irish Village Happy Hours are from Sunday to Thursday from 4 pm until 7 pm on selected drinks. Irish Village opening hours are from 11 am to 1 am on weekdays and 11 am to 2 am on weekends.
* LOCATION: Al GARHOUD. GPS and taxi drivers know Irish Village.
* Popular’s of Irish Village Menu: People do prefer their beers, fish and chips, Burgers and obviously during special occasions their special menu options eg: Turkey for Thanksgiving.
* AVERAGE COST For 2: Approximately 250-300 AED.(60-80USD).
* Irish Village DRESS CODE: CASUALS
Another very popular pub amongst the expats here is Stables sports bar. Stables bar in Dubai is a great place to hang out as you are sure to make some friends in here. Stables like Irish Village, hosts some events too, mostly sports. Stables bar happy hour is from 4PM-8PM every day and on Tuesdays are buy one get one free night. Ladies are up for a treat on Wednesday nights as they get free drinks. Stables is also super popular for their Karaoke. So if you sing get ready to showcase some good performance. This bar also joins 2 popular pubs RODEO DRIVE and FIBBER MAGEE’s
* The Stables bar and restaurant Dubai LOCATION: Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre Area. Any taxi drivers or GPS will take you to one of these popular locations.
* FOOD/DRINKS: Popular for its Buffalo wings, sweet potato fries, Beers & cocktails.
* AVERAGE COST For 2: Approximately 350 AED (95 USD) drinks inclusive.
* DRESS CODE: Smart Casuals.
3. BELGIAN BEER CAFE:
There are 3 branches of Belgian Beer Cafe in Dubai. Themed more like a traditional Belgian bistro, Belgian Beer Cafe has a great selection of Belgian Draughts. A great place to catch up on some drinks after work, the Festival City branch is perfectly located by the Dubai Creek offering a great view of the Dubai Skyline. Their HAPPY HOURs are on every Sundays and Mondays from 6PM-7PM. It offers outdoor seating and also plays Live music. Below is the picture of the Dubai festival Belgian Beer Cafe.
* Belgian Beer Cafe Dubai LOCATION: Madinat Jumeirah, Tecom and Dubai Festival City. Any taxi drivers or GPS will take you to one of these popular locations.
* Popular’s of Belgian Beer Cafe Menu: Obviously great brews, Belgian Fries, mussels, Belgian Beef stakes and ribs.
* AVERAGE COST for 2: 350 – 400 AED (95-110 USD)
* Belgian Beer Cafe DRESS CODE: Smart Casuals.
Like Belgian Beer cafe there are 4 branches of McGettian’s in Dubai and they surely do not need much introduction. Like Irish Village, this is a spot for all occasions. It is a sports bar with live music and a pool table for pool lovers. Certain Branches have a HAPPY HOUR MENU, from 2-7PM. McGettigan’s Dubai also has promotions on food and drinks on various occasions, offers outdoor seating and ladies, Monday is your night here.
*Mcgettian’s Dubai LOCATION: Dubai World Trade Center. (DWTC). Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT), Souk Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai International Airport.
* Popular’s of Mcgettian’s Menu: Good For Beers & Cocktails. French fries, Signature Burgers, Fish and Chips.
* AVERAGE COST for 2: Approximately 300-350 AED (65-90 USD)
*Mcgettian’s Dubai DRESS CODE: Casuals.
5. BAR BAAR:
Bollywood Lovers, this is a Bollywood theme bar. Fairly new in Dubai, but ever since it’s launch, it has gained its popularity. Bar Baar in Dubai has Live music and performance. A great place to hang out listening to Bollywood music, Bar Baar happy hours has great deals on drinks on TUESDAYS and some select drinks are for 10AED 7 PM- 3 AM. There is a pool table. Huge indoor sitting area and a good enough place to dance.
* Bar Baar Dubai LOCATION: Majestic Hotel Tower Bur Dubai.
* FOOD/DRINKS: Cocktails. Their Nukkad Sandwich, Baida Roti, Potato chat are definitely worth a try.
* AVERAGE COST for 2: Approximately 300-400 AED (85-100 USD) inclusive drinks.
* DRESS CODE: Smart Casuals.
6. TRADER VICS:
This world-famous joint of restaurants will take you through a Polynesian journey. Trader Vics in Dubai is a Polynesian theme Bar. Trader Vics has three branches in Dubai. Extremely popular for their ecstatic cocktail selection and a sumptuous food menu Trader Vics is extremely popular with their cocktails, they also play live music. It’s a great place to relax and unwind. Trader Vics at Sheikh Zayed road is a part of the Crowne Plaza Hotel which offers a few more dining options like Waga Mama – Japanese Cuisine, Chamas – fine dine Brazilian Bistro, and a couple of nightclubs – Zinc and Sensations etc. The Trader Vics at JBR is a part of the Hilton Hotel and the outdoor seating offers great views of the Ain Dubai, soon to be the largest giant wheel in the world. Trader Vic’s Happy Hour is from 5PM-8PM.
* Trader Vic’s Dubai LOCATION: Sheikh Zayed Crown Plaza hotel, Souk Madinat Jumeirah, Jumeirah Walk.
* Popular’s of Trader Vic’s Menu: Trader Vics is home to Mai Tai and all rum-based cocktails. Their ASIAN menu and seafood options are delicious.
* AVERAGE COST for 2: Approximately 450-500 AED ( 100-130 USD) drinks inclusive.
* DRESS CODE: Easy to Casual.
7. BIDI BONDI:
This is an easy Australian sports bar. They have outdoor seatings. It is in Palm Jumeirah. For the location, this place is reasonably priced. There are wooden bench tables which gives one a feeling of watching a match in a stadium. Bidi Bondi Dubai does host some games occasionally. Bidi Bondi Happy Hours is 30 AED for selected drinks.
*Bidi Bondi LOCATION: Palm Jumeirah.
* Popular’s of Bidi Bondi Menu: Beers, good wine selection, They do good soup/salad of the day. Burgers and chicken wings.
* AVERAGE COST for 2: Approximately 200-250 AED ( 50-65 USD)
*Bidi Bondi DRESS CODE: Easy to Casual.
Extremely popular amongst the locals, expats and tourist. An ideal beach bar at the Le Meridien Mina Seyahi is a beach club through the day and night. Very popular on Thursdays and Fridays, Barasti Dubai has a great view of the JBR skyline and the Atlantis hotel. Entry is free and with great music, it’s a great place to enjoy an easy beach party. Barasti also plays all famous football league matches and offers sheesha so enjoy at your ease.
* Barasti Dubai LOCATION: Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach.
* Popular’s of Barasti Menu: Mainly drinks like beers and good mojitos if they have a mojito counter setup. Finger Food is good.
* AVERAGE COST: Really Depends on how much one spends on drinks. Approximately 35-40 AED for a beer.
*Barasti Beach bar’s DRESS CODE: Casuals.
9. THE MAINE OYSTER BAR & GRILL:
This place feels like more of the after-office crowd. People seem highly dressed up here and this place can get very busy from Wednesday through Friday evenings and may require a table booking if you plan to sit and eat. You can always go there for just drinks have they have a decent size outdoor area. The Maine oyster bar and grill ladies night is on Wednesdays. And they serve unlimited wine until 11 PM. Honestly, I have never had a chance to enjoy their seafood menu, but I have tried their Mushroom pizza which was good. They are also popular for their weekend brunches.
* LOCATION: Doubletree by Hilton JBR.
* Popular’s of The Maine oyster bar and grill Menu: Wines, Lobster Roll, Spicy Shrimp are quite popular.
* AVERAGE COST for 2: 300-400 AED (85-100 USD).
* DRESS CODE: Smart Casuals.
One of my favourites is the Oeno restaurant and I am pretty sure it will be yours too if you are a wine and cheese lover like me. Oeno restaurant Dubai is popular for it’s Wednesday nights. Wednesday is Wine and Cheese night where they offer around of 50 premium varieties red, white and sparkling wines from around the world. They have a very traditional cheese room where cheese and accompaniments buffet is laid out that compliments the wines. You could taste, drink or call for the bottle of wine that you like for just AED210/person. Didn’t I say? You would love this place if you are a wine and cheese lover. They also play live music.
* LOCATION: Westin Mina Seyahi Hotel.
* FOOD/DRINKS: Wednesday Wine and Cheese Night. (is all I have tried and is my personal favourite.)
* AVERAGE COST: For Wednesday WINE & CHEESE 210 AED/Person. ( 50 USD).
* DRESS CODE: Smart Casuals.
11. PIER 7:
Up for some bar hopping? Pier 7 Dubai could be a great destination. Just that you won’t get to hop bars on a street, but till get to hop the 7 different bars on the 7 levels. Located at Dubai Marina, all bars at Pier 7 offer great views of the Dubai Marina and the multi-million dollar yachts docked therein. My personal favourite is CARGO which offers beautiful indoor and stunning outdoor seating, great music and a versatile menu.
* Pier 7 Dubai LOCATION: Pier 7 behind Dubai Marina Mall. Cargo is on the 3rd floor.
* FOOD/DRINKS: Espresso martinis are awesome. Chicken satay, Singaporean noodles, spring rolls.
* AVERAGE COST for 2: Approximately 350-400 AED. (85-100 USD).
* DRESS CODE: Smart Casuals.
12. Zero Gravity:
Zero Gravity Beach Bar is also located in the uptown Dubai. Very close to Barasti Beach bar and just like Barasti zero gravity is a beach bar too. However, you cannot match the 2 at all. Zero Gravity does share a very premium crowd for that affordable price. This place has a huge indoor seating, equally big outdoor seating area and also beach access. This beach bar has won several awards for hosting parties that are loved by all. Zero Gravity Beach Parties are much awaited in town.
It is popular for its Friday brunch, beach parties and festivals, new year parties etc. It has also been awarded by trip advisor as the number 1 nightlife destination in Dubai. Zero Gravity did host a beautiful New Years party 2018. We loved the fireworks with the skyline in the backdrop. The whole set up, Food arrangements, Drink counters were up to the mark.
* Location: Zero gravity shares its perimeter with Skydive Dubai. Dubai Marina. There is a huge parking space.
* Food/Drinks: It has a huge bar selection you cannot go wrong with that.
* Average Cost for 2: approximately I would say AED 500. But in the end, it depends on how much you spend. A bucket of beer with 5 bottles in it cost around AED 250-300.
* Dress Code: It is a beach bar. An easy dressing is acceptable. You will find people in shorts too and few in blazers. So in here, you are never underdressed.
Remember there is NO tolerance for DRINK and DRIVE in Dubai. Hence, even though there is ample parking at all these places, hire a taxi if you are planning to drink and if you are just going to enjoy the food and soak into VIBRANT DUBAI then parking is FREE ON Fridays and from 10PM-8AM every night.
The above list is not exhaustive of the Best Bars and Pubs in Dubai.
There are many more that we are yet to discover. With new Bars and pubs coming up in Dubai all the time, it is hard to keep up. But so far the above are my favourites and definitely will be all-time popular amongst the residents and tourists. Apart from the bars and pubs in Dubai we highly recommended sightseeing Unexplored place in UAE and 13 free places to visit for free in Dubai
I hope you have enjoyed reading. Feel free to share your experience or leave a comment. I would love to be a part of your experience through pictures. Safe Travels and Enjoy Dubai.